Systems & Logistics Team
The Systems & Logistics Team manages the registration process, communications, and the physical aspects of the campout, such as reserving the campground, keeping track of equipment, collecting trash, managing the community campfire, and ensuring the campground is clean at the end of the event. Also handles the safety of campout participants, to the extent possible. The team consists of:
- Medic / First Aid
- On-Site Resources
- Setup Support
- Trash Panda
- Fire Ant
- Pack Rat
- Disability Advisory & Resource Team (DART)
- is a certified first responder, EMT, RN, or doctor, or
- has basic first aid knowledge, like CPR, setting a splint, stopping bleeding
- Manages campout equipment and supplies
- Manages trash and recyclable items
- Manages shared food & beverage storage
- Manages the community campfire
- Ensures the campground is clean at the end of the event (leave no trace principle)
- Setup Support: Folks who arrive on Friday morning to help get the campground ready for the weekend. A perk of this position is that you get first dibs on campsites!
- Trash Panda: Ensures that all garbage is properly disposed of in the bear-proof containers at the end of each day. Packages and stores recyclable items so they can be brought back to the city to be properly disposed of.
- Squirrel: Safely stores the shared food and beverages left in the Community Pavilion at the end of each day, and brings it back out the next morning.
- Beaver: Ensure the firewood donated by campers is placed near the community campfire location. If needed, collects additional firewood (if allowed by the campground).
- Firefly: Starts and tends to the community campfire.
- Fire Ant: Puts out the community campfire at the end of the night.
- Pack Rat: Folks who stay till Monday morning and help us pack the supplies and equipment.
- Ensure campers with accessibility needs have the support they need so they can participate in and enjoy campout activities
- Coordinate the assignment of campsites close to accessible parking and/or restrooms
- Organize ASL or other language interpretation
Support RolesAccessibility Helpers support campers with loading/unloading gear from the vehicles, and/or with setting up their campsite. Accessibility Helpers are only needed during the campout. Slots are 2 hours long. You can wander around until you are called to help someone.
Heart & Soul Team
The Heart & Soul Team is in charge of creating an atmosphere that feels welcoming, inclusive, and fun. They make sure folks feel welcome from the moment they arrive, and like someone is there to support them throughout the weekend. The team consists of:
- Camp Greeter
- Answer Keeper
- Activity Coordinator
- Care Bears
Volunteering – Heart & Soul Team
The Organizing Team makes the campout event happen. They collaboratively plan and organize an exciting and safe campout event.
While being on the Organizing Team can be a demanding task, it is incredibly rewarding, as you get to work with a team of amazing humans to create a community event that is truly special and unique. The more folks we have in the team, the more we are able to distribute the load and work less!
Members of the Organizing Team also take on the role of Crew Leader for one of the areas under the Systems & Logistics Team or the Heart & Soul Team. This responsibility can be shared by more than one person (co-leads). Folks who don’t want or can’t take on a leadership role can just offer support to one or more teams.