We put together a values agreement to create a container and expectations for the event. When you arrive please come to the community center and sign in and let us know who to contact in case of emergency. Below are the community created values.
Queer Campout is a place where you can get away from the bar scene and enjoy nature without fear of being queer-bashed, because we’ve rented half a campground for the weekend! It’s a space that aims to be consensual, anti-racist, anti-transphobic, anti-fatphobic, and body positive. This is a co-creative space where it’s cool to take care of each other, be kind, be friendly and have fun!
We all have privileges, we all experience oppression, and we all have various intersections with those things. In this space, if you’re acting and/or speaking in a way that is hurtful to someone, that behavior is not welcome and you may be asked to have a mediated conversation with our volunteers. If a resolution cannot be reached you may be asked to leave the site.
Queer Campout is about co-creating a community that builds on our connections and caring. We aim to create a space where it’s OK to be imperfect and make mistakes, and where we also give each other the chance to reflect and fix our mistakes.
To support each other in this process, we ask that all participants agree to the values and guidelines of the group.
By signing this form I am agreeing that I will:
• Be mindful of my words and actions and take responsibility for their impact
• Respect the Safe Spaces and Quiet(er) Hours
• Exercise personal responsibility & accountability with alcohol, etc. – know my limits, and take care of myself. (Please, no alcohol at the fire circle or main pavilion)
• Never leave a fire burning unattended, and smoke/vape away from communal areas
• Make sure any kids I bring are cared for by an adult at all times, and that if I bring kids I can be reached at the emergency contact information I supply below at all times
• Support keeping the campsite clean and comfortable
• Participate in any way I can to make Queer Campout a space that is as safe, inclusive, restorative and fun as possible
Let’s come together as the wildly & beautifully weird & wonderful community that we are, and co-create something supportive, empowering, consensual, and above all — fun!